History of Lost Island Lutheran Church
A Norwegian Lutheran Church had been started in Wallingford in 1863, and the new settlers sought the help of this congregation in getting its new church established. On May 10, 1872, in a sod hut located about one-half mile east of the present church structure, a meeting was held. At this meeting, the Our Savior's Norwegian-Danish Evangelical Lutheran Church was formed.  Read more by clicking HERE...